Strategic Response Plan for Central African Republic 2014
15 December 2013
- Provide integrated life-saving assistance to people in need as a result of the continuing political and security crisis, particularly IDPs and their host communities.
- Reinforce the protection of civilians, including of their fundamental human rights, in particular as it relates to women and children.
- Rebuild affected communities’ resilience to withstand shocks and address inter-religious and inter-community conflicts.
- Rapidly scale up humanitarian response capacity, including through enhanced security management and strengthened common services (logistics, including UNHAS, and telecoms).
- Based on improved monitoring and assessment, cover basic, life-saving needs (food, WASH, health, nutrition and shelter/NFI) of Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and their host communities and respond rapidly to any new emergencies.
- Ensure availability of basic drugs and supplies at all clinics and hospitals and rehabilitate those that have been destroyed or looted. Rapidly increase vaccine coverage, now insufficient, and ensure adequate management of all cases of severe acute malnutrition (SAM).
- Strengthen protection activities and the protection monitoring system and facilitate engagement of community organizations in conflict resolution and community reconciliation initiatives.
- Promote the rehabilitation and reopening of schools and help restore and protect assets for food production and other sustainable livelihood opportunities to promote resilience.