High-Level Conference on CERF 2011
New York, 15 and 16 December 2011
The CERF annual High-level Pledging Conference was hosted by ERC Valerie Amos, and chaired by the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Ban Ki-moon. Other participants included IOM Director-General, Mr. William Lacy Swing; the Minister of Population, Women’s Promotion and Child Protection of Niger, Ms. Maikibi Kadidiatou Dandobi; and Mr. Christian Friis Bach, Minister for Development Cooperation of Denmark.
At the conference, 45 Member States, Observers and a regional government pledged $375 million to the CERF for 2012 - a $16 million increase over 2011 pledges. The amount reflects increases in donor funding from 17 Member States.
- CERF High-Level Conference 2011 - Programme
- USG Briefing on Operations and Management - PPT - 15 December 2011
- Director-General of the International Organization on Migration (IOM)- 15 December 2011
- Secretary-General of the United Nations - Opening Statement - 16 December 2011
- H. E. Dr. Maikibi Kadadiatou Dandobi, Minister of Population, Women's Promotion and Child Protection of Niger - 16 December 2011
- H. E. Mr. Christian Friis Bach, Minister for Development Cooperation of Denmark - 16 December 2011
Statements, according to the list of speakers, were given during the Pledging session.
United States of America
Republic of Korea
United Arab Emirates
Regional Government of Flanders (Belgium)