Giving financial support to ROCCA means investing in saving lives, easing the burden on affected people, and helping people to recover from shocks and adapt to a changing environment. OCHA makes sure that Governments, civil society and the UN family work efficiently to be effective in emergencies.
In Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, ROCCA maintains presence through national disaster response advisers. They backstop the humanitarian communities in their respective countries, contribute to better cluster coordination and guide concerted efforts in response to medium-scale emergencies.
So far in 2012, ROCCA has received support from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection department (ECHO), the Russian Federation, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). These contributions covered 50 per cent of the office’s 2012 budget. To maintain the capacity to deliver its services, ROCCA needs to sustain an overall budget of US$1.5 million.
Regional Office Donor Contributions Data
- European Commission (DG-ECHO) $26,178
- Total Listed Contributions: $26,178
- Opening Balance: $389,040
- Total Requirements (2013): $1,689,612
- Unearmarked Contribution Donors: Argentina, Australia (Ausaid), Austria (ADA), Belgium, Canada (CIDA), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland (IRISH AID), Japan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Namibia, New Zealand (NZAID), Norway, Russian Federation, Singapore, Sweden (Sida), Switzerland (DEZA), United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom (DFID)