Humanitarian Innovation Contest
The OCHA Regional Office for West and Central Africa invites nominations for its Humanitarian Innovation Contest ahead of the June 2014 Regional Consultation in preparation of the World Humanitarian Summit.
The contest is for humanitarian projects and initiatives, ongoing or under development, in the West and Central Africa Region that use an innovative approach to improve the efficiency of humanitarian response. The three top winners, as decided by a review panel of humanitarian and innovation experts, will be invited to present their project at the World Humanitarian Summit Regional Consultation in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire on 19-20 June 2014.
Applications are due by 25 May 2014.
Basic requirements :
- The project must be in the development phase, ongoing, or completed within the past year.
- The project must be based in or have activities in one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Congo (Republic of), Congo (Democratic Republic of), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, or Cape Verde.
- Organizations may be national or international.
- The project must be for humanitarian response (shelter, nutrition, WASH, etc), preparedness, resilience or disaster risk reduction.
- Any ethical or concerns regarding humanitarian principles that arise from the methodology should be addressed and safeguards noted.