04 Dec 2013
South Sudan (Republic of): South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin 25 November - 1 December 2013
• Registration of stranded South Sudanese in Khartoum got underway as aid agencies prepared to provide transportation to South Sudan to 19,000 vulnerable people later in 2013.
• Partners responded to a rise in kalazar cases in Upper Nile State, with 83 cases recorded between August and October.
• The health situation in South Sudan’s refugee camps has improved over the year, with mortality rates now below international...
28 Nov 2013
South Sudan (Republic of): South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin 18-24 November 2013
• First suspected attacks by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in South Sudan since 2011 have caused small-scale displacement and fear in Western Equatoria State’s Ezo and Tambura counties.
• The number of people assessed as needing assistance following seasonal fl oods has risen to nearly 328,000 individuals.
• The Ministry of Health launched a national vaccination campaign against polio targeting 3.3 million children...
17 Nov 2013
South Sudan (Republic of): South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin 11-17 November 2013
• Partners gear up to provide food assistance to 6,000 people displaced in Pochalla, Jonglei State in response to high food insecurity.
• 40 suspected cases of the disease yellow fever and 10 associated deaths have been reported in Sudanese areas bordering South Sudan.
• Government and aid agencies launch the 2014-2016 humanitarian appeal calling for US$1.1 billion in 2014.
14 Nov 2013
South Sudan (Republic of): South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin 4-10 November 2013
• The number of people affected by ﬂoods rose to 278,790. Over 167,000 people have been assisted, with responses ongoing.
• Some 1,700 stranded returnees leave Kosti for ﬁ nal destinations in Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap and Western Bahr el Ghazal states.
• Response continued in Pibor County, with over 5,600 families given food assistance in Kongor/Manzuben.
06 Nov 2013
South Sudan (Republic of): South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin 28 October - 3 November 2013
In this issue
Situation overview P. 1
• Flood response continued with partners reaching nearly 138,000 of more than 223,500 affected people across the country. Response in Jonglei and Unity states was slow due to insecurity and access challenges.
• The national and state ministries of health and aid partners launched an obstetric ﬁstula campaign in...