Biannual (formerly Quarterly) Updates
20 Oct 2013
Sudan Humanitarian Update January - June 2013
- Hundreds of thousands of people fled their homes in Sudan in the first six months of 2013 due to inter-tribal violence and fighting between the SAF and armed movements.
- This displacement includes over 310,000 newly displaced people in Darfur, which is more than the number of people displaced in 2011 and 2012 combined.
- Conflict in South Kordofan and Blue Nile continued to affect civilians, with food insecurity expected to...
16 Feb 2013
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 4th Quarter 2012
HIGHLIGHTS IN THE 4TH QUARTER
- In South Kordofan and Blue Nile, more than one million people remain severely affected by the armed conflict that began in June 2011. In addition, over 200,000 Sudanese refugees have fled to South Sudan and Ethiopia.
- In Darfur, fighting between the SAF and armed movements as well as inter-tribal fighting have led to new civilian displacement in parts of Darfur. Humanitarian agencies estimate that around 90,000 Darfuris...
02 Nov 2012
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 3rd Quarter 2012
Highlights in the 3rd quarter
15 Jul 2012
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 2nd Quarter 2012
Highlights in the 2nd quarter
23 Apr 2012
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 1st Quarter 2012
Tensions rise as fighting spreads and oil is cut
The first quarter of 2012 laid the ground for a growing crisis between Sudan and South Sudan as tensions steadily increased over a number of outstanding Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) issues. The shutdown of oil production in South Sudan in January has raised concerns about a serious escalation of confl ict between the two states. Fierce clashes between the Sudan and South Sudan armies in the border area of...