Biannual (formerly Quarterly) Updates
25 May 2014
Sudan 2014 Population Displacement in Darfur: Darfur Humanitarian Update - 26 May 2014
• Since January 2014, a new wave of insecurity and violence has generated additional humanitarian needs across Darfur. Fighting and insecurity involving Government forces, armed movements and armed tribal militia, have resulted in the displacement of 321,929 people.
• Protection of civilians has been and continues to be a major over-arching concern throughout Darfur.
• As of 25 May, 203,197 people remain displaced....
20 Oct 2013
Sudan Humanitarian Update January - June 2013
- Hundreds of thousands of people fled their homes in Sudan in the first six months of 2013 due to inter-tribal violence and fighting between the SAF and armed movements.
- This displacement includes over 310,000 newly displaced people in Darfur, which is more than the number of people displaced in 2011 and 2012 combined.
- Conflict in South Kordofan and Blue Nile continued to affect civilians, with food insecurity expected to...
16 Feb 2013
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 4th Quarter 2012
HIGHLIGHTS IN THE 4TH QUARTER
- In South Kordofan and Blue Nile, more than one million people remain severely affected by the armed conflict that began in June 2011. In addition, over 200,000 Sudanese refugees have fled to South Sudan and Ethiopia.
- In Darfur, fighting between the SAF and armed movements as well as inter-tribal fighting have led to new civilian displacement in parts of Darfur. Humanitarian agencies estimate that around 90,000 Darfuris...
02 Nov 2012
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 3rd Quarter 2012
Highlights in the 3rd quarter
15 Jul 2012
Sudan Humanitarian Update - 2nd Quarter 2012
Highlights in the 2nd quarter