Humanitarian Bulletins (Arabic)
17 Nov 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 46 | 11 – 17 November 2013 [EN/AR]
• About 3,300 people have fled their homes in South Kordofan and Blue Nile over the past week following fighting between SAF and SPLM-N and insecurity.
• The Government of Sudan says it is ready to negotiate with SPLM-N on the implementation of polio vaccinations in SPLM-N areas.
• Ministry of Health and WHO report that 36 suspected cases of yellow fever (including 10 deaths) have been registered in West and South Kordofan...
10 Nov 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 45 | 4 – 10 November 2013 [EN/AR]
• Inter-tribal violence in parts of Central Darfur State over the past week resulted in a number of casualties and IDPs, according to reports received by the UN.
• Emergency Return Sector in South Sudan reports that 1,700 people have arrived in South Sudan from Kosti.
• Efforts to vaccinate 165,000 children against polio in SPLM-N controlled areas in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states have failed,
03 Nov 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 44 | 28 October – 3 November 2013 [EN/AR]
• On 4 November, the African Inland Church (AIC) started the repatriation of an estimated 2,500 South Sudanese from Kosti, White Nile State to South Sudan.
• Between 3 October and 2 November, 20 suspected cases of yellow fever were reported with seven deaths – a case fatality rate of 35 per cent, MoH and WHO report.
• On 31 October, AUHIP invited Government of Sudan and the SPLM-N for talks in Addis Ababa on 4-5 November...
31 Oct 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 43 | 21 – 27 October 2013 [EN/AR]
• On 23 October, the head of the national NGO Al Sugia Charity Organization was killed by unidentified gunmen near Nyala, South Darfur.
• Government announces cessation of hostilities for 1-12 November 2013 for vaccinations in South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
• DRA plans to kick-start new registration of IDPs in different camps in Darfur and Darfuri refugees outside the country, to be used for return and repatriation purposes...
20 Oct 2013
Sudan: Humanitarian Bulletin Sudan Issue 42 | 14 – 20 October 2013 [EN/AR]
• Over 5,000 Ngok Dinka have arrived in the Abyei area on trucks and chartered flights since September as debate over a referendum has continued.
• Planning is going ahead for a vaccination campaign in South Kordofan and Blue Nile in November, but the Government and SPLM-N have not yet resolved all outstanding issues.
• Armed groups in South Darfur disrupt aid operations, threatening to loot any vehicles travelling in the...