Top Stories Search by Date: 2011, 2014
- International Women’s Day: “We have great opportunities to carry the voice of vulnerable people”
... time for a change. Not one for easy assignments, in July 2011 she took a job with OCHA’s office in Afghanistan . Sarah is a ... more than most. Challenge and loss In March 2011, during a mission to Moroto in remote northern Uganda, she contracted a ...
Story (Top Stories) - email@example.com - 07/03/2014 - 3:26pm - 0 attachments
- South Sudan: People want peace and reconciliation, says UN Humanitarian Chief
... security since South Sudan’s independence in July 2011. The agricultural and fishing industries, which generate jobs for 78 per ...
Story (Top Stories) - firstname.lastname@example.org - 29/01/2014 - 4:37pm - 0 attachments
- Somalia and Yemen: Urgent action needed to prevent worsening crises
... window to do what’s needed to prevent a repeat of 2011.” “Failure to act decisively to address humanitarian ... John Ging. “All the signs we saw before 2011’s severe famine are here – reduced humanitarian access, ...
Story (Top Stories) - email@example.com - 02/07/2014 - 3:17pm - 0 attachments
- Japan: Disaster, disability and a community’s revival
... says Yusuke Ishimori, a young survivor of the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami that devastated communities along Japan’s ... long-term solution for those who lost their homes in 2011—are slowly becoming available. The apartments are limited in ...
Story (Top Stories) - firstname.lastname@example.org - 11/03/2014 - 9:55am - 0 attachments
- Sahel: 5 things you need to know about one of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable regions
... world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. In 2011 and 2012, a combination of fierce drought and conflict meant millions of ...
Story (Top Stories) - email@example.com - 03/02/2014 - 11:53am - 0 attachments