Partnerships with NGOs
OCHA has committed in its Strategic Framework 2014-2017 to promote an inclusive and enhanced coordination approach through a more diverse partnership, particularly with local stakeholders and NGOs, to improve humanitarian response.
In line with that commitment, OCHA has allocated more than 63 per cent of country-based pooled funds (CBPFs) to NGOs for implementation of prioritized projects in 2015. With the support from CBPFs, NGO partners can deliver principled, effective and timely humanitarian assistance for affected people and communities.
CBPFs NGO Dialogue Platform
The CBPF NGO Dialogue Platform was created in early 2014 and is co-chaired by OCHA and OXFAM. It provides an informal forum for exchange between OCHA and NGOs on CBPFs. The Platform aims to complement the dialogue between OCHA and NGOs at country level and provides a space to tackle operational issues that affect all CBPFs and, as such, need to be addressed at the global level.
Topics for discussion
- Opportunities for NGOs to further engage with the CBPFs Global Guidelines.
- CBPFs and their alignment to the Humanitarian Programme Cycle.
- Accountability framework for CBPFs.
- Core commitments of the World Humanitarian Summit (WHS) high-level round table on humanitarian financing and potential opportunities for NGOs vis-a-vis CBPFs.
- Harmonization of partner capacity assessments.
NGO Participation in the different meetings
Membership of the Platform is open to all NGOs interested in CBPFs. NGOs should identify representatives with relevant expertise able to contribute meaningfully to the discussions. Participation of national NGOs with direct experience of CBPFs is highly encouraged and the different OCHA Country Offices will be ready to support their participation.
The CBPF-NGO Dialogue Platform will convene meetings throughout the year, aiming at ensuring participation of a wide range of NGOs, in different formats:
- Face-to-face meetings convened on a bi-annual basis: these may take place on the margins of other major meetings or events where NGOs will participate. At least one face-to-face meeting will take place in a region or country where a CBPF is operational.
- Virtual meetings (eg. teleconferences, online platform / exchange, webinars): convened on a bi-annual basis, with discussions focusing on a particular theme of common interest.
- Regular ongoing communication between meetings: this will be ensured through emails and, where relevant, conference calls.
If you are interested in attending the CBPF NGO Dialogue Platform meetings or be part of the CBPF NGO Dialogue Platform mailing list, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation!