Highlights Last Updated: 22 Apr 2021
- The national average retail prices for sorghum and wheat continued to increase in March 2021.
- Sorghum and millet prices in March 2021 were exceptionally high, up to three times the already high March 2020 levels, mainly due to the depreciation of the local currency.
- The Central Bureau of Statistics reported that the inflation rate was at 342 per cent in March, an increase of 11 points from 331 per cent in February.
- The economy of Sudan shrank by about 72 per cent between 2015 and 2020, while the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance increased by about 130 per cent.
- In 2021, World Vision plans to reach 2.1 million of Sudan’s most vulnerable children across the Blue Nile, South Kordofan, South and East Darfur states.