Highlights Last Updated: 23 Nov 2020
- UNHCR and COR have registered over 38,000 Ethiopian refugees in Kassala, Gedaref, and Blue Nile states.
- The initial Ethiopian refugee planning figure of 50,000 could increase to 100,000 over the next six months if fighting in Ethiopia’s Tigray region continues.
- With CERF support, UNICEF and the Ministry of Health have been actively working to treat and prevent malnutrition in Kassala where 44% of children under 5 years are stunted.
- WFP to boost the resilience of chronically food-insecure families in South Kordofan State.
- Post-harvest losses for more than 41,000 people will be reduced through the training of smallholder farmers and supporting social protection programmes.