Highlights Last Updated: 05 Apr 2021
- In Sudan, a COVID-19 SAFE School Kit was developed to allow schools to open safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Nearly 55% of schools do not have access to improved water and 49% do not have access to improved sanitation, according to a recent survey.
- The World Bank provides an additional $420 million for the second phase of the Sudan Family Support Programme, the Thamarat Program.
- The Sudan Family Support Programme is designed to support Sudanese families affected by the ongoing economic crisis which has been compounded by economic reforms.
- UNHCR launches the 2021 inter-agency refugee appeal requesting $574 million to assist over one million refugees in Sudan.