Highlights Last Updated: 27 Sep 2021
- More than 314,000 people affected by heavy rains and flash floods in 14 states across the country.
- Over 15,000 homes were destroyed, over 46,000 homes were damaged.
- About 183,000 people were reached with various types of humanitarian assistance.
- Prepositioned relief items are being depleted and there is an urgent need to replenish stocks for WASH, shelter and health response.
- To mitigate the impact of annual flooding of Gash River, UNDP is supporting flood protection construction works in Kassala city.