Highlights Last Updated: 10 Aug 2022
- Intense hostilities since the start of Russia’s war on Ukraine have left 17.7 million people in need of humanitarian aid, an increase of 2 million people compared to April.
- Over the last week, hostilities caused additional destruction of vital infrastructure and imposed severe obstacles on civilians trying to evacuate from the east and the south.
- Attacks reported near the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, in Zaporizka oblast, raise serious security concerns. IAEA continues its attempts to access the site.
- Despite prevailing insecurity, the UN facilitated the delivery of a new humanitarian convoy close to the front line in Donetska oblast.
- Humanitarians require US$4.3 billion to support millions of people caught up in an aggravating humanitarian crisis.