The activities of the YHF are carried out under the overall strategic and operational direction of the Humanitarian Coordinator (HC), with support from an Advisory Board (AB) and an OCHA-led Humanitarian Financing Unit (HFU). The Advisory Board is comprised of members of the humanitarian community including NGOs, UN agencies and donors, who support the HC in policy and strategy-setting for the HPF. Cluster leads and cluster members at the national and regional level feed into the identification process of priority needs and target sectors, geographical areas, and activities.
The YHF operates within the framework provided by the OCHA Operational Handbook for Country-based Pooled Funds (CBPFs), which describe the set of rules that apply to all CBPFs worldwide. The Operational Manual for Yemen (English/Arabic) issued by the HC further describes the governance arrangements, objectives, allocation modalities and accountability mechanisms of the HPF, as well as details the roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders involved.
During 2020, the YHF will focus on the following priorities:
- Helping cover gaps in first- and second-line activities in the YHRP as identified by the cluster system and addressing new priorities, as identified by the HC and Humanitarian Country Team.
- Promoting integrated programmes in districts with extreme levels of multiple vulnerabilities.
- Building the capacity of front-line national partners in line with commitments made in the Grand Bargain.
- Expanding evidence-based programming and ensuring that the partners best able to provide services receive funding.
- Enhancing risk management